Friday, 19 November 2010

Cornish Capers....


I'M BACK!! howdy folks, I am finally back online after my recent Cornish Capers!!

I am pleased to report I had an awesome time (as usual!) we stayed in the travel Lodge as its right in the town centre and on the seafront, we were so pleased to find that again (this is our second stay there) we had a great view of the beach right from our room window, I wasnt sure if we'd be so lucky second time round but we were!!

On the first day we decided to go down to Penzance, we wanted to check out the Egyptian House which in all our millions of trips to the West Country had some how always been missed off our list! So we checked that out, its pretty cool, I was too self concious to take a photo! The best thing was the amazing shop next door, it was full of old treasures!! Old clothes, tins, books anything you can think off, it was a proper vintage thrift shop and everything was reasonably priced - I wanted SO much but resisted the urge! (i'll sneak back at some point though!)


We also watched the surf comp, the beach where its held is a little less than a mile from the hotel so we walked down in the morning, it was a bit chilly but on the whole dry so it was nice to be outside. The surfing as always was amazing, I could literally watch it forever!!

My camera isn't so good at zooming in so the tiny black dots in the photos are surfers!!

We saw in the distance some menacing black clouds but thought it would just pass over, well it headed straight for us and the heavens opened!! Raincoats, boots, umbrellas and anything that would be usefull was all safely tucked away in the car....back at the hotel!! So we had to trudge back to the hotel in terential rain which was fun!!! Hey you cant go to Cornwall without a bit of rain!

On the Saturday night we were lucky enough to get to watch a spectacular fireworks display from our hotel window which was great seeing as neither of us got to catch any on Guy Forks/fireworks night!! result!

Overal our trip to good ol'Cornwall didnt dissapoint!

0 comments: