Thursday, 4 November 2010

Sketchbook Shinanagans!!


At last! I finally made some time to do some more work on my sketchbook!

In some weird way I have fixed the front cover, its still not how I want it to look but it was a case of making the most of a bad job! I also accidentally got a black mark down one of the side borders and had to disguise it with a thicker black line! doh! In the end I just decided to step back and leave it be!

I think I fixed the side borders as best I could, I really didnt like the previously swirly patterns and I also swapped out the heart at the top for a red one - you can compare the two designs by viewing the previous post.

I also made a start on sketching out bits and pieces for the inside pages - I dont know if I may have already mentioned but I cant actually draw! - teeny tiny bit of an onstacle there but hey whatever! I have decided on a cartoon type style, no attempt at realism at all, thats beyond my current skills and I'll be using water colour pencils for the inside to give it a nice soft feel which I think will work well (heres hoping!) this little sketch is Princess and the pea (minus the princess!) it made me laugh though, but I think that could have been at the fact the me of all people decided to sign up for a sketchbook project....


Anyhoo check back for updates! I'm off now to do more scarves and to watch series 3 of LA ink that landed in my post box this morning - woohoo!

Also tonight I am out with former work people for drinks and a buffet (groan!) so I'll be filling my pockets with food, downing a couple of cocktails and then hightailing it out of there! Oh hang on perhaps I should be more social....hmm ah NO! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cover looks fantastic! Nice work. :)

Joanna Scribbles said...

He he!! Thank you! Shame I have now decided I actually dont like it and have re-covered it!! ooops!