So armed with my new walking books off I went bright and early to Boscastle, my thinking was that seeing as I had visited the place before I wouln't get too lost on my first attempt at 'rambling' through the Cornish Countryside...ahem.....

I actually had a great time, first off I followed the route the opposite direction to the harbour and I ended up walking alongside the river for quite some time before I came to what the book described as a footbridge, if you call stones set in the river a bridge that is!!
I was following the trail to 'Minster Church' which started up through the woods, a little bit steep to start with and a bit muddy......and then a lot steep and very muddy and skiddy after that!! In fact it was so skiddy and high up I was beginning to think it was all a bit dangerous and perhaps that would be the day I was airlifted to safety....
About an hour of scrambling later and one really hard landing when I did slip over (no rips of mud patches though yay!) I came across the church nestled in the woods which was pretty cool! I also saw a dead squirrel and a huge dead bird but you didnt really want to know that.....
I followed the path back down and walked back on the other side of the river, through more mud which seemed to be a reoccurring theme!! Eventually when I was almost at the harbour end again the sun came out and I walked through a big meadow filled with giant daisies and it was completely picture perfect!!

To finish I decided to walk up the side of the harbour and then up to this little lookout building at the top, it was really blustery and I did wobble a bit as I climbed up the cliff path but the sea views were fantastic and well worth it!!
It was all blue and sparkly and I could see tiny people walking over from Tintagel (round the coast) and people sat on the other side of the harbour plus I passed lots of polite tourists who all chatted or said hello! Nice!




0 comments:
Post a Comment