Monday, 18 July 2011

Round up of the goings ons in Cornish world...

So its been a bit quiet on the news & project front lately so here is a little condensed version of all the excitement (or lack of!) that has taken place in the last few days...


The Nike Night surf
I did go along to this and it was actually not bad although it was super hyped up and we arrived way too early, as you can see its not exactly night time in the photos even though it was about 8.30pm the sun decided to make an appearance!! As we got there so early we really didn't feel like hanging around until 11.30pm when it actually got dark so slinked off home after a few hours instead!

The surf was great though, they also had a band playing over by the rocks and the jumbo screen was all set up so all in all not bad but not fantastic!! Thank goodness I am actually in the area now and not 4 hours away otherwise I would have had a bit of a wasted trip - phew!


*shuffles papers on desk and props up news reader glasses*

And in other news this week...

* I went for a job interview that turned out to be some religious cult Headquarters, I'm not naming names on here I'm pretty sure they have spies everywhere and they might track me down to silence me..... completely creepy and mega weird, fortunately I made a lucky escape although I did almost sign 6 days of my week over for a measly few pound an hour! eeek! (not working in a cult I might add, doing admin stuff!)

* I have become addicted to the most expensive fad food ever - CHEESE STRINGS! - why oh why do I like them so much and why are they so expensive, I have a suspicion they are more than just cheese...I've had to cut myself off.

* I have re-done my sketchbook front cover, big surprise I actually hated the really rubbish cover I had done, hmmm sounds a bit like last time, so I have recovered it and started fresh its not finished yet I still have some more touches to add but I think clean and simple is the way to go!! Sigh of relief that I have until the end of the year to finish it, seriously why do I do these things?....(photos to come shortly)

*I have also had fun removing a zip from a favourite dress/top that was broken and replaced it with a new one, might sound simple but when you lack tables and chairs it really is a skill when you manage to work the sewing machine pedal with just your knee...now there's something that I bet not everyone could manage! One for the CV I think!

So all in all you can see its just been a riot of fun and good times - oh and I was devastated to have missed the sandcastle competition that was on Sunday, I was all set with my mini flags and buckets it could have been spectacular!!

and to think I thought I wouldn't be able to write an entire post from having nothing.to say....ha! proved me wrong!

0 comments: