Sunday, 1 December 2013

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me 5 Gold rings.....

Well if my true love gave me 5 gold cross-stich rings there would be trouble but seeing as that's not the case its just me being my usual hilarious self that's ok....ahem.....anyhoo moving on...

 
I am right in the middle of my various Christmas projects, one of the presents I am making are mini Christmas cross stitches and thought I would paint my little hoops a nice shade of gold to add that extra touch. I have just used some acrylic paint and I will varnish with a bit of regular PVA. To let my hoops dry I put up a little line for them to hang on - if you look close you can spy my Christmas shopping in the cupboard in the background.....


I am making a mini version of a larger design I am also sewing, I'll show you that one later, just using blue thread which actually looks a bit Scandinavian, all the trend at the moment don't you know! I found the big design by googling and then picked off elements for the mini versions,  drawing it out how I wanted it on the fabric first before starting to sew it - Cute huh?! I have little bags and ribbon to finish them off....check back for the finished versions soon....I hope......  
 
I am also knitting a snuggly Christmas present more on that next post! Better get back to sewing I have LOADS to get done! eeep!

0 comments: