So what do you do when you're in London for the day?.....Hmmm....well I have done pretty much all the touristy things except for the British museum - so that's where I headed a few days ago and spent a Monday with the mummies......
The building itself was impressive and the quantity of artifacts it houses is enormous!! The place is SO big that despite there being half of London and the world stuffed inside I could still get in to see everything....well mostly....obviously the Egyptian hall was the busiest and I could only manage a photo of the back of the Rosetta stone....but you can imagine what the front looked like right?....
I did attempt to do the self-guided tour for about 5 mins but then got confused and ended up walking in a big circle nowhere near the things I was supposed to be marveling at so then I took a break and headed to the gift shop where I fought off a hundred school children to get to the best museum pencils and funny ornaments.....bag brimming with great gifts....a mini sarcophagus that has a mummy in it, a beaded skull day of the dead skull bracelet, a lucky hippo for my mum and a mini figure of Horus......
I then continued on my wonder around...Sutton Hoo helmet, Greece, Romans, vikings, big old Easter Island head......
finally I chatted to a nice French lady who was as lost as I was and we managed to find the exit together and waved goodbye to the British Museum, a pretty fascinating place and not to mention very educational....with great gift shops!
0 comments:
Post a Comment