Sunday, 2 November 2014

Bringing the stars indoors...,.


Can you guess what this is?...this mysterious box turned up in the mail on Friday......


So at this time of year with it beginning to get dark at 4.30 and the evening rolling in quickly it seems about right to turn attention to the night sky and the do a bit of star gazing although it is pretty weather dependent and often  the masses of twinkling stars are covered by clouds......bing!...light bulb moment,,,,,lets bring the stars indoors!!

A quick scour of the internet and I found this starlight projector - perfect - you too can get one of these as there are lots on places like Ebay but it is worth having a proper look around to make sure you get the best price - do not pay a lot of money - these kits are self assembly and pretty basic. I bought my for about £6 with free P&P - great!

So after some basic assembly and a watch of a YouTube tutorial on how to stick and fold the plastic star bit - which was excellent and if you're feeling stressed at this point they have set it to classic music, very calming very you're fiddling with double sided sticky strips....
  

da dah! - Ok so they didn't promise the projector  would look pretty but the effect is very pretty sparkly and I really like it. You do have to experiment a little to get it a good position but I am definitely pleased with my indoor stars!! 



0 comments: