The book is amazing I can’t recommend it enough, everything is so clear and easy to make you’ll want make them all – well that’s what I’m going to try to do anyway! The book is ‘Felties’ by nelly pailloux
When I was finished I decided to give it as a little gift to my sister so to surprise her I packaged it up in a bag and tied it to her door handle for her to find in the morning!
Besides making stuff from felt I am still working on a present for my Gran, its only about a ¼ completed, basically it will be a decorated box that I’m going to fill with goodies as a late birthday present. She loves gardening and so I thought it would be perfect.
I decided to paint it this really nice shade of turquoise blue, it has this vintage look to it which is just right, you probably have to see it to get what I mean! I searched on line and bought some JPEGs of vintage seed catalogues and then printed them at various sizes and began collaging them on, as you can see its not finished and I still have the rest of the box to do and then I’ll do a lovely shiny top coat and fill it with bits and pieces ready to send – I’ll post photos of my progress!
I got to thinking last night while reading my Yes man book on the bus about what would happen if I took the ‘Yes challenge’ and began saying yes to everything, as it turns out if I had started yesterday I would have been making £500 a week working from home, spring cleaning the church this weekend and off for a lovely game of bowls this evening….hmmm I never knew I was missing out on so much!!
Things I like:
* Magnolia trees – I want one!
* Yes Man by Danny Wallace – absolutely hilarious!! Laughed SO much on the bus yesterday I looked like a complete weirdo!
* The fact my fingers don’t hurt anymore from slamming them in the front door
* That it’s almost bank holiday weekend!
Things I’m not so keen on…
* The boring WWE Draft – zzzz! Why bother?!
* Emptying the dishwasher at work
* Waiting for the marathon ballot to open – I’m having a moment of madness NOW I can’t wait until next week!
* Not being able to watch season 2 of Sons of Anarchy – boo!




0 comments:
Post a Comment