Wednesday, 26 May 2010

The Great Black-out of 2010.....

Well Saturday was going swimmingly well, I had been out enjoying the lovely weather with my mum and on returning home we discovered the electric was out, the trip switch had been blown and broken in an incident involving and angle grinder, a faulty extension lead and my dad…

So we ended up spending pretty much the rest of the day outside enjoying the sun, which wasnt a bad thing! I did quite a bit of reading trying to pass the time and then later we had a barbeque and stayed outside until late and then I finally went to bed by candlelight!

I am just so thankful the weather was amazing otherwise I doubt it would have been such a nice experience!





So Sunday morning we were still without electricity but fortunately were able to have one extension lead plugged in a socket somewhere on the farm. I decided it was about time I got down to the lake and so packed up my stuff and was out the door and on my way by 6.30am

I arrived before it opened and squeezed into my wetsuit and cautiously made my way to the pontoon, that was when the fear set in! I climbed in and then had a bit of a panic!! Despite having done lake swimming many times before and having been in 3 triathlons previously – it was so scary!! – fortunately for me there was a coach on the pontoon who really kindly helped me out, calmed me down and gave me some great tips and I was eventually able to swim backwards and forwards between the buoys and had a bit of swim.

I was so relieved that I decided to go, can you imagine if I had left it until the day of the Triathlon?! That would have spelt a disaster for sure!

Anyway feeling very upbeat and excited about triathlon day now and can’t wait to give it a go and see how it goes, the following weekend I’ll be back at Blenheim for a 10k and following that the BUPA training starts so it’s all go from here on in!

0 comments: