Monday, 4 October 2010

Sketchbook Project Tour 2011


I am officially an artist!!...

Ok well maybe not quite but I am participating in the Sketchbook project tour 2011 organised by Art House, an American organisation. I received my little blank sketchbook all the way from America on Friday and so I’m hot to trot!

What happens is you sign up (sign up is now closed) choose your theme from a selection and them fill your book with sketches and whatever else you want to put in it, send it back and it goes on a tour around some states in America. People can visit each place it goes and check out various different journals to look through, entries come in from all around the world, and its logged each time someone checks out your journal. After the tour they are included in a permanent sketchbook collection at the Brooklyn Art Library – sounds exciting right?!

My Theme is ‘The Greatest Story ever told’ I thought that sounded like it had a lot of scope when I saw it on the list and so thought It'd get my imagination going! I am not good at drawing at all but its open to everyone from professional artists to mums and kids, basically anyone who wants to give it a go can get involved and I thought it sounded like a cool thing to be included in so signed up straight away!

So here goes nothing…this is my blank canvass of a sketchbook, I’ll post pages here after I’ve done each one so you can see my progress (and my awful drawing skills!)

0 comments: