Monday, 13 December 2010

Terrifying Tombs....Wa Ha Ha!! (Evil laugh)



I just spent the weekend wondering around under the streets of London in search of ghosts and spooky spirits! The evening kicked off at 9pm in the place voted the UK’s best scare attraction, The London terror tombs.

OK so during the day the place is full of people eager to get a scare and they will as the actors inside jump out and chase after you in full terrifying costume but for our evening we were promised nothing would jump out at us unless it was a genuine ghost or some spirit activity! eek!

This was our 2nd ghost hunt outing so we knew what to expect and the evening was fantastic. On arrival we were ushered in to the tombs, contrary to what I was expected our HQ room was bright and warm which was a relief! We had an initial tour around the tombs, the whole place consists of themed areas and the manager gave us a good tour and history of the place including all of the ghostly encounters experienced by staff including black shapes, apparitions of young girls and an elderly woman who confronts you in the ladies room.


There are mannequins of zombie like figures with blood and gore and many different areas including what we called the ‘meat room’ which had limbs (fake of course!) hanging from all over the ceiling, the clown room, filled with creepy clowns and toys (eeek!) the spider room filled with spiders and cobwebs hanging from all over the ceiling, a gruesome and bloody bathroom type scene and a scary maze that has all kinds of creepy and scary looking things as you run through it, notice I say run….



When we returned to the HQ they split us into groups and we all went off to investigate an area, our group began in the chapel which was very calm and quiet and we didn’t experience anything so not off to such a great start! We also went to a place called the boardroom which is where a lot of bones were excavated and used a Ouija board (we had professionals present so this was safe) and in there we had some movement on the planchet (the triangle pointer on the board) which was pretty interesting.
Later in the evening everyone got together once more for a group vigil down in the sewer area, it was actually full of barrels and we had some sounds of movement and things being thrown as well as someone being touched which gave me a heart attack! Of course the place is in complete pitch black darkness so you are also super sensitive and on edge!!


Later I volunteered for a 2 person vigil and ended up being stationed in the clown room where the man I was with took great delight in telling me they had had a lot of activity before! We called out a lot and I felt cold spots and then the man yelled and I flicked on my light to see him frantic after apparently being touched on his head! Eeep!!


We spent some time by ourselves investigation which was fun, I wasn’t scared at all the place was really quite calm, I think there would have been more activity had the place been full of more energy but I guess you cant have everything!! Our last investigation area was the ‘Snake pit’ here we heard lots of stone throwing, shuffling and moving of feet and footsteps, an intense blackness where the room just got another 10 shades deeper of pitch black if that’s even possible and movement of shapes – all in all our best area for investigating.

We stumbled out of the tombs at around 5am in the morning!! The tube station was shut until 7.20am – I wished we had checked that before we left! – So we had a nice little walk through London in the early hours! It turned out to be a bit of a walking tour as we passed Tower Bridge and finally found a bus just outside St. Pauls Cathedral which looked impressive in the early morning glow….



2 hours of sitting around in arctic conditions at Paddington station, and I’m not kidding it was freezing and an hour or so in the train home and we finally arrived back at 9.30am (with no sleep yet!) after which I decided to go out shopping for the morning before finally getting some shut eye at about 3pm – boy that was a long day!

Overall a very entertaining evening if lacking a bit on the ghost front, another place to definitely go and visit again although I have a feeling it will be a lot scarier in daylight! Kelvedon hatch still rates as the scariest place I have been if only for the sheer amount of activity we experienced there, it would make any sceptic a believer!

0 comments: