Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Scarves a go-go!


At last in one big sigh of relief and mop of my brow I cant rest easy in the knowledge that 2 of my 3 scarves have been bundled up and shipped off to their recipients! Phew!

Last night I finally cast off the coloured skinny scarf - I think my knitting enthusiasm is waning - and then began on making the 6 mini pom-poms I decided to attach to the ends, I remember a time when pom-pom making as a kid was fun....well its not anymore! I only made 3 before I was bored! I Finished and attached the other 3 this morning.....


Next my favourite bit, the packaging up! The chunky cream scarf has been done for a while so I decided to get that ready to send at the same time.

The coloured scarf went into a little box I found and I filled the bottom with lots of different christmassy chocolates and sweets and then covered with tinsel so it'll be an added surprise! Then I wanted to write a gift tag but had nothing big enough so suddenly I was onto a side project! (Check out my Tags in the post above) with Tag made I tied it up with ribbons and wrapped the box, I was pretty pleased with the outcome...



Next up was the Cream scarf (I had forgotten how lovely and soft this one was!) I had a Christmas box spare and amazingly it fit right it in, obviously it was meant to be, I tied this one with some green ribbon I found in one of my craft boxes and attached another of my santa tags and then for that added Christmas touch popped in a giant candy cane - I loved the luxurious look the ribbon gives the scarf and the tag adds a touch of vintage nostalgia.


I then spent an hour in a gigantic queue at our local post office but finally the scarves have been whisked away - I hope my friends like them!

0 comments: