Sunday, 20 March 2011

Camera Bag insert complete! YAY for me!!


The camera bag insert if finally complete! *cheer of joy*
I have actually really enjoyed working on this little project although I've still to get final approval from my friend so fingers crossed that Its what she wants!

After some initial measuring I made a basic paper template and then a trial version of this 'box' out of scrap fabric, after some adjustments I made this final version using the fabric my friend had given me.

Its basically one big piece that has wadding sandwiched between felt and then has been sewn on the folds, folded up and sewn together at the corners - simple!

I added a tab on the 'lid' section to make it easier to open when its squashed down inside the bag.

I also spent some time today flagging lots of interesting design and craft pages from a HUGE stack of magazines I 'borrowed' from the doctors surgery, they were destined for the bin being dated 2009 so in a way I actually rescued them!


In the next few days I have some baking requests to fulfill one of which will double as a Birthday present, I'm thinking some kind of cookie, also on the list is Coconut Ice (my specialty) and gingerbread men (my baking nemesis!) all to packaged and posted!


I also need to make a 'New Home' and combined 'congratulations' card for my friend who has a new job! Whoop whoop! Plus Mothers day and my sister's Birthday is just around the corner so I'd better get my thinking cap on! Stay tuned!

0 comments: