Sunday, 13 March 2011

The Project Pile...

Dun dun dun!!! I have been busily planning lots of new projects so I can almost guarantee exciting times ahead!! (almost!)
Here's what's on the agenda for the coming weeks:

Camera Bag
This little projects is numero uno on my list, I have the teeny task of making a padded compartment and section dividers to fit inside this big bag and hold camera equipment. Its for one of my friends and we seem to think it shouldn't be too hard! (famous last words...) She is snowed under doing very important work while I'm sat round twiddling my thumbs so I volunteered to help her out! Hopefully this should be complete by Wednesday unless there are any gigantic hiccups!!

2. Muslin Face Cloths
I think I've already mentioned these but with the sewing machine still hot I should be able to whip up a batch of the cloths before the weeks out!

3. Vintage Patterns
I have a small selection of (proper) vintage patterns (the easiest ones!) I'm thinking forward planning for the summer holidays and all that, all that's needed is a couple of trips to Fabric Land so some floral cottons and it should be all systems a go-go!!



4. Pattern Blocks
Now this is something I have been meaning to do for AGES! I'll make my own skirt and shirt pattern blocks and from there I should technically be able to crank out a million different perfectly fitting styles....Hmmmm.....Pattern cutting has never been my strong point, crooked skirts and lopsided shirts here I come!!


5. Dance costumes
I have had these patterns for ages as well as this huge amount of black (Halloween) Crepe thats just begging to be used and I'm thinking by the time I reach this task I'll be able to whip up a dress within days....wishful thinking?


6. Granny Square Blanket
I cant crochet for toffee but I am SO determined to make one of these I'll do whatever it takes! Fortunately for me with the help of my stash of library books, Stitch'n'bitch and Meet me at Mikes tutorial how can I go wrong?!


7. Toy Society
I have been planning on getting in on this for a while now but so far have never made any soft toys I've actually liked!! I have a whole drawer full of old clothes ready for cutting up that'll be just perfect for this project, I have this pattern for sailors and soldiers from 1940 so I'll start there!


8. Bag
I snapped up this jazzy fabric from Ikea - brilliant for Fabric by the way! - and also bought a lovely bag pattern from Etsy to make with it, I really should just get on and get it made!


So that's a grand total of 8 - yes 8! - projects!!

I'm sure I'll add in more along the way, especially with Easter and more Birthdays on the horizon.
Check back often or Subscribe for progress updates and of course the all important photos!!

0 comments: