Saturday, 23 July 2011

Pies and Polperro...

So with the weather being all lovely and sunny today what else was there to do other than go out and about!!

This morning with stopped by Looe, a little harbour town, for a bit of a look around. As usual with most places around here the sea was looking at its absolute green and blue sparkly best and we watched lots of little boats and sea kayaks leave the harbour and venture out in to the very inviting looking sea!! No I was not jealous at all....not one tiny bit!


The Harbour at Looe, a kayak going out to sea and scrumptious mini Lemon meringue pie!!

Then before heading off to our next destination we stopped by a well stocked and delicious looking cake shop, you know its practically the law around here to eat cakes on the weekend so being a law abiding citizen I had no choice but to buy an individual lemon meringue pie..not a scratch on mums meringue but still delicious!

Oh and the bonus of the day...the freebie I picked up....ahem....from the car park floor....I know I am such a scavenger...this little elasticated band!! Now its only a guess but I think its to hold your socks up I could be wrong.

All I need now is another one and I'll be out in knee socks and sandals this summer!!

After all that excitement you'd think that'd be enough but oh no! We drove around the coast and stopped at pretty and perfectly formed Polperro, another fishing village (below)


We had a little wander around the streets and stopped for Ice cream (another weekend law around here) I was outraged to see the horse and cart that used to take you down the cobbled streets in Polperro has gone and been replaced by a mini replica double decker bus! NOOOOOO!

After that shocker we decided to go on a driving tour through Fowey (via the smallest roads in the whole of Cornwall!) before heading home....to scoff pies.

0 comments: