Monday, 19 March 2012

puttin' on the Ritz!

Oh yes we were officially ladies that lunched on the 10th when we sat down for our posh afternoon tea and the Ritz hotel in London - swanky!

After being ushered into a glamorous tea room area filled with mirrors, gold statues and fancy chandeliers we were served our tea after choosing from a selection of 17 different types off the menu!

We were each given our own silver tea pot and tea strainer and then they served up the sandwiches, to be honest they weren't anything to write home about but hey its the Ritz! I think I tried 3 different kinds, cucumber, cheese and chicken and no complaints here! Next up we were served scones with jam and cream which were delicious and definitely recommended should you ever swing by...

Lastly there was a cake trolley with 2 different cakes to choose from or if you wanted or you could just have the mini cakes on the cake stand which is what I opted pilfering the pink macaroon which was lovely apart from the weird rose water cream thing on top - ick!

While I busily snapped away with my camera like a tourist, taking pictures of my cake and sandwiches, we were entertained with harp music which was actually really nice and as a result I cant eat lunch now without the sounds of a harp playing in the background....oh dear!

Overall a thoroughly delightful day out and experience!

0 comments: