Thursday, 11 October 2012

Rainy days and Thursdays....

Well we are well and truly settling into Autumn and all that goes with it, crispy mornings, rolling fog and rainy days! All of these things make for lots of picture perfect moments and I spent a few minutes getting soaked in the garden taking a few snap shots...
 
Firstly we have had lots of new visitors in the garden plant pots and scattered in the grass....
 
..and our little flowers were holding up well under the pouring rain!
 
...and I found these conkers in the grass, I used to love gathering these up!
 
...and then we pulled out one of the gigantic Beetroots from the veggie patch - HUGE!
 
These are just some of the great things to love about this time of the year, so ok you have to take your umbrella everywhere and you're stuck between knowing whether you just need to wear a jumper or take your coat but overall there is loads to enjoy about Autumn...not to mention it means we're creeping towards Crimbola! wahey!.......
 
So apart from having a few David Bailey/Attenborough moments I have also made a start on my sketchbook project (due in Jan!) which was actually very therapeutic although I cant look at it too much because I'll want to keep re-doing it! Front cover and page one - tick!
 
 
Ooooooh and did you know squirrels quack?! Nope me neither and I'm deadly serious! I went outside the other day and couldnt believe it when I saw a squirrel sat in the tree out the front of the house making a really loud quacking noise, sounded just like a duck! He sat there for ages, after a few minutes it stopped being cute and quirky and was just plain irritating, anyhoo he eventually scampered off! Here is a blurry picture of the critter...
 
 
Its probably a well known fact that squirrels do this and I'm the last to know....doh!
 
I have video evidence that I might upload to prove I'm not completely nuts.....
.(squirrel, nuts...hilarious!)

0 comments: