Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Anyone for tea?

 
So I recently picked up a little bag of belated birthday gifts for a friend and one of the items is a cute little tea cup and teapot in one (they stack on top of each other) but it was a bit plain for my liking and I was missing the hand-made element to the whole thing so I thought how about making a tea cosy? Cute and hand-made, perfect!
 
 
Initially it was a case of easier said then done! There are a thousand patterns out there but mostly all for small or big teapots, not much for a little one cup pot like mine, a few people had asked for a pattern but most were told to adapt a full size cosy, hmmmm, well that's ok for a great knitter but that is not me!! uh oh! Long story short I managed to find the perfect pattern, easy enough for me to follow, cute and small enough for my teapot, Joy of joys!
 
 
 
Well my mum could have made this in about 30 minutes, but me I took about 2 days of casual knitting! I am really not so good when it comes to following a pattern and watching TV! I did A LOT of undoing, lots of increasing and adding stitches and still managed to have it turn out slightly wrong! doh!
 
 
Fortunately if you don't look too close it looks kind of perfect!
To a trained knitter you may notice the ribbing is reversed on one side and the top row of bobbles is on the inside on one side, I have no Idea how I managed to do this but obviously it was a little beyond my concentration levels!!
 
Overall I think the end product is lovely and I am really pleased with it, I actually knitted something other than a scarf!
 
 
 
I missed a few rows of stitches off the pattern at the end so that it was the correct size, I added a few more rows of rib at the top then sewed the sides up while on the teapot to get the correct spacing. I also added thin ribbon around the top.
 
Most definitely a pattern I'll use again, it is nice a simple and you can get it HERE on Cinzia blog, she has knitted her cosy in a pretty grey and added some super cool pom poms!

So here is the finished little bag of gifts, I'm pretty confident she wont read this post before she receives her presents but if you are reading this please act surprised tomorrow!!
 

I was also really pleased to have finally found what I think will be a lovely dinky belated Birthday gift for another friend, sometimes its incredibly hard to find something that is just right so unfortunately some people do end up receiving their presents way after they are supposed to! If this is you, sorry, but don't worry I don't forget about these things and plus I like to think its worth taking the extra time and it just makes the occasion last longer right which is good all round!....Convincing enough excuse for sending late presents? hmmmmm.....Anyway more on this gift coming up soon!

0 comments: