Well we've almost reached the end of another week and the weekend is just around the corner and so by my calculations that means its time for a weekly round up!
Yesterday we were treated to this lovely sunset although it happened so fast by the time I had ran back inside for my camera the sun had almost disappeared - my camera doesn't capture it well but the sun was a HUGE glowing orange ball and scouts honour it really did look amazing! it did!
This week I spent a lovely day milling around a garden centre with my Gran and my Dad's aunt, I ate a lot of cake on that day if I remember correctly....oh dear off the diet waggon again!...oh well, It was SO worth it!
I also picked up some brilliant books from the charity shops recently and they were so cheap its made me love them even more! In one shop I picked up a watercolour book and three on the countryside, plants and gardens all with lovely illustrations especially the countryside one that covers everything from plants and insects up to clouds and minerals!
I then found this book on roses in another charity shop for a mere £1 - It has the most amazing full colour plates of different varieties of roses, a great find!
So aside from bagging some great books I also randomly decided to plant some cress seeds! I remember doing it at school when I was little and it was super easy, obviously I am going to look really stupid if my seeds don't sprout some lovely cress in the next few days.....you may not hear about it again if it goes horribly wrong.....
Anyway I was given this cute little bowl as a birthday present and thought it'd be ideal to sprout it some green hair! I guess some of us never grow up.....
My ginormous Hyacinth has also blossomed a lot this week and smells beautiful!
Finally this week I made these cute little felties as a 'Thank you' for my aunt - Ok so I'll hold my hands up now these aren't my design and you will find a much lovelier version by googling but I thought they were too cute to ignore!
I made a little pattern and then once made packaged them up in a little packet to make them look even cuter - obviously I have no intention of selling or reproducing them I just thought I'd make the present look a bit nicer!
Oh I also tried my hand at a broccoli bake this week, my cooking skills have a long way to go and I can sum it up in one simple word - yuk! - guess that explains why there are no photos on here! Well that about wraps things up (all in one VERY long post!) for this week, lots more coming up in the next few weeks so stayed tuned!










0 comments:
Post a Comment