Friday, 1 February 2013

Fabulous Fridays....

Fridays are lovely. They mark the end of a week and the beginning of my most favouritest days, Saturday and Sunday, cant get better than that!

Its been a fairly quiet week with lots of rain and some welcome sunny spots here and there and the days are already staying a tiny bit lighter later in the evening....yay!
 
 

Today has been a bumper great day for many reasons, firstly the postman came - whoop whoop! - great start especially as he came with packages to be delivered and even better that they were for me! I received one big box, a special package from my most excellent friend for my birthday, I am under strict instructions not to open until my big day on Tuesday so I am resisting temptation and just giving it glances across the room every now and then!

The second package was a surfy book, added to my reading list, that I ordered just after Christmas from the US and I cant wait to start it, the little bonus with this is that it had the previous owners bookmarks in it, a couple of old boarding passes from Seattle to Las Vegas and another little receipt  from Memphis to Charlotte so someone was a very busy traveller! (I sort of expect that from surfy types though) I love these little peeks into someone else's life!

In fact I have a book on my Amazon wish list that is about the very same thing, check it out,
 
So after that great start I then spent the rest of the day with my mum at Ikea and we also visited ASDA and a little sewing shop just up the road - So as you may already know I find it incredibly hard to go to IKEA and not buy anything and today was no different!! I ended up going for a plain but super nice cup and saucer, I know grown up right? Well you know with my up coming Birthday I thought I should purchase a proper grown-up item! Posh!

To finish a fabulous Friday the daffodils are finally making an appearance at last!
 
 

Tomorrow I'm off to a second hand sale so more books might be purchased, I will try to show some restraint! I also want to pick up some more sewing or crafting supplies depending on what they have so I'm looking forward to having a shuffle around the stalls. and seeing what delights I can get my hands on!

0 comments: