Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Gone Walking......

 
So today I decided it was time to dust off the trainers, get out the waterproof coat and go for a long walk! The weather may have been a tiny bit uncooperative but at least it stayed mainly dry all day even if it was gale force wind out there!

 
I packed proper provisions, a bottle of water and a crème egg and off I went! I had a vague Idea of where I was going and tried to keep my house within a reasonable distance in case I needed to be rescued! This was my first proper long walk since recovering from being ill so I was taking it easy.
 
 
The walk was great although I had major mud issues!! Why it slipped my mind that it might be muddy out there I don't know, its always muddy!! By the time I reached the woods closer to my home I realised I had a problem, the entire path was just a mud bath and I am talking really deep, really water logged and really slippery! I ended up having to walk right across the middle in some parts and I am not joking when I say the mud was above ankle height and I was loving those handy little air vents in my trainers, perfect for letting all the muddy water right in to soak into my socks!
 
 
I had a couple of near falls which although would have been hilarious I am pretty glad I managed to avoid! Next time I am taking my wellington boots! Hmmm maybe I should just stick to the roads from now on....
 
 
Yesterday was my Birthday - woohoo - I had a lovely day and lots of amazing presents from my family and friends, I also ate far too much cake and a few too many crème eggs, although why is it one is never enough? Eggs are a good breakfast food too especially the Cadbury variety!
 
 
So now that day is over I guess I have to stop buying things and passing if off as Birthday presents for myself, oh well I knew it couldn't last! Although I have done pretty well with two new plants and lots of flowers, all essential purchases of course! Roll on another occasion where I can buy things.....
 

0 comments: