Oh dear, the supposed to be wonderful cross stitch sampler, that I was on my 3rd attempt of, finally reached its end this weekend when at last I completed the entire design, oh yes it was much better than the disappointing first attempt and oh so much better than the second just not right attempt but when I put the thing in the frame there was just no way it was going to pass my quality control, major thumbs down!
What a complete disaster, I have to admit when making presents for people my standards go up even higher than usual but seriously this thing was crooked and just plain naff! urgh!
If cross-stitch wasn't such a pain to unpick and I had quite a few spare hours I would probably undo it all to save the massive amount of thread that has now gone to waste! Ok well maybe not....
I am only showing a tiny bits of the design as the sight of it in its entirety will just send you into to fits of laughter, its that bad, no joke.
On the upside after a bit of time scouting around on the Internet I found a nice pattern (by someone who knows what they are doing!) that weirdly is a lot more like what I had originally wanted to do, before I got the genius idea to design my own sampler, and even better it was an excuse to go and buy new supplies...oh no what a shame....so I'm now all set to go, new fabric all hooped up and waiting, it had better not be wonky this time!
I really have no time for mistakes now especially as I have a dress to make too....eeep!...yes that's right an actual dress...
Also this week I have been cleaning the car and still trying to get the 4 year old sand out of the carpets and having fun reorganising my shelves and books, fortunately I am excellent at Tetris so my stacking skills are second to none, plus I'm considering re-decorating, can I really be bothered? and preparing for a hair chop on Thursday which is pretty big as I haven't touched my hair since it all fell out when I was unwell but now I've decided to be brave.....hmmm....oh and I have been thinking I should start doing something to prepare for Race for Life 5k in July, better late than never right?
0 comments:
Post a Comment