Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Just me my plants and I....

So with another balmy sunny day on the cards today it was a good opportunity to do some re-potting. I picked up some super cheap house plants from town yesterday, they aren't in great condition but were less than £2 each so I couldn't resist!

 
Now no one can like those ugly brown plastic pots and I don't have any containers for small plants so I scouted around for a solution and found one of my favourite glass storage jars going unused and a blue glass that I had packed away, both of which seemed perfect!
 
 
Firstly I gathered some large stones (from our car parking area...shhh don't tell anyone!) and filled the bottom of each container with a good layer and then filled with new compost. One plant had been over-watered so I removed most of the old soggy soil first before re-potting and the other was bone dry so might not last long but it happily fitted in to the glass. Lastly I watered using a spray bottle with some Baby Bio plant food.
 
Voila! Freshly potted plants in some lovely new planters!
 
 
The empty storage jar (from Ikea) and a large blue glass, perfect for pots!
 
 
while outside I spotted this teeny tiny piece of butterfly wing on the shed floor and these tiny flower heads on the patio, little pieces of perfection.
 
 
Below, purple flower that opened today
 

0 comments: