Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Posting Christmas wishes.....

 
So this week is the week of the big Christmas posting! I am useless at posting to the official deadlines so I tend to send all my cards and presents just whenever they are ready, I like to think it gives the person on the recieving end a nice suprise!
 
So I had to finish a couple of the cross-stitches and although I do like these mini versions I cant help but think there is just something missing....hmmm...anyway I added a few gold beads to the finished design and some ribbon and then package in these little favour bags I found in the supermarket. I have a few more to finish so expect more photos later! This one was for one of my presents winging its way to Europe.
 
 
 
I also spent last night beginning to package things up, I sent out 2 parcels today and hopefully by the end of the week all my presents will be sent!
 
Here is one box of goodies that I topped off with a pretty scarf and a vintage Christmas card, I love this present as its been fun to put together and is very festive with a few meaningful trinkets added in there for good measure!
 
 
Here are some other presents - its hard posting to other countries sometimes! You do have to think about what you can fit in an envelope and how it will travel and so although these things are very relatively small I do think it is the thought that counts!
 
 In fact the smallest present here (in the little box) is the one that I think has the most meaning and thought and I hope the friend receiving it thinks so too!

 
Thinking about this today I would much rather receive something small and thoughtful whatever that may be, it could be a pebble with a smiley face painted on it or a pretty shell or even a blob of blu-tac with a paperclip stuck in it - anything like that and I would keep it forever, I am very sentimental with things like that! A little bit of thought really does go a long way and lasts for years.
 
Well thats a quick sneaky peak, now I just have to hope these little parcels arrive safe and well with my friends!

0 comments: