Ready for a quick Christmas round up?
SO the days leading up to the main event where busy not only at work but at home too, trying to get all my homemade gifts finished and rushing things down to the post office, it was a good busy though and it has been completely satisfying so no complaints here!
I visited Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park on the 19th - Oh so Christmassy!! If you are ever in need of some Christmas spirit this place is well worth the visit. Hyde Park is basically crammed with lots of little wooden huts and all kinds of Christmas decorations, there are stalls selling all sorts of things, Ice skating, fair rides and lots of different food stalls. I loved it! It was a tad pricey but you could enjoy a wander without spending too much.
I did splash out on a couple of rides, they cost loads to go on but I couldn't resist! Its probably worth a visit if only for the singing moose head.....yep that's right....
I also scrambled to finish my Christmas sewing, now I finished one big version and whipped that in the post on the 23rd and all the small ones were mostly done just leaving one last one of the big designs to complete...uh oh!
So here it is on Christmas day.....
and here it is on the 27th at 2am yes that's in the early hours of the morning and on the day on which it is being given! thankfully after a blip of giving up I finally got it finished and had all the beads sewn on and had it wrapped up!...phew!.....It was a long Boxing day that's for sure!
Seriously one year I'll have everything done way ahead of December, this happens to me every Christmas! Maybe I should make New Years resolutions this year....hmmm..
Christmas day was lovely as usual, just my family and me (minus my sister, although we'll be having a second Christmas whenever she makes it home - yay!) I had a Christmas day morning hot chocolate, in this years Christmas mug, which is now an yearly tradition from my mum so I get a new festive mug each year, I think I'm actually a bit spoilt!
We all opened LOTS of presents and I had so many wonderful things, perfume, books, surfing DVD's, art pens, an external hard drive for my laptop (at last!) and lots of other bits and pieces, not forgetting a Christmas jumper! joy!
Overall it may have been over in a blink of an eye but it was a great Christmas all the same, now roll on Crimbo take 2!
0 comments:
Post a Comment