See what I did there?....Egg-cellent....hmmm....never mind....
Well Easter is fast approaching, next weekend in fact, and I do love any time of year that encourages the over eating of chocolate - yum!
So I tried I really did to get myself to buy regular Easter eggs for my family this year but I just couldn't do it as much as I really wanted to and as much as I told myself it would save time and money in the long run...I just couldn't do it - doh!
So instead I bought up lots of the little Easter chocolates, most are on offer at the moment, and got to work thinking up a way to make a present out of them. Cups and glasses are great ways to give presents, all you need is some ribbon and cellophane and you have an instant gift. My Easter presents for my sister and her boyfriend are in 2 coloured cups, I'm just thinking of a way to jazz them up a little...
.I did however find THIS cute project to make these Easter bags and I couldn't resist it so I tried it out this weekend.
All you need is some plain fabric and a little bit of floral fabric for the trim or binding, I just used whatever I could find which happened to be calico and some ditsy floral cotton. I printed the cute little bunny, way better than anything I could have drawn, and transferred it on to the calico with a pencil.
Next you just back-stich the design on, so easy and simple! I made my bags double the size of the ones in the pattern because I knew I had big size treats to fit inside but I think you'll agree whatever size you make your bags they are adorable.
I then followed the instructions to add the floral trim and then using my sewing machine sewed the sides together, seriously took only took couple of minutes and I love the results....
Thanks to Amy for solving one of my Easter Dilemma's...now on to the mugs....stayed tuned to see how those turn out and in the meantime give these little bags a go!
0 comments:
Post a Comment