Sunday, 18 May 2014

Birthday Fridays....

 
Well it was my Mums Birthday on Friday so I took the day off work....just so happens it was also the hottest day of the year so far and the start of a mini heat wave, very rare over this part of the world!!
 
 
We went off to Malvern for a sewing show where we spent a lovely few hours wandering round a swelteringly hot building browsing stalls and stocking up on fabric....we had a picnic lunch outside in the shade which was SO nice...again be able to have a picnic outside and not while sat inside the car watching the rain is such a rare event its a mini celebration in itself!!
 
 
We finished our day off with a trip to pretty Burford for cold drinks in a pub garden and a very quick look around the little shops before heading home to get ready to go out for a family dinner in the evening - overall a really great day! My Mum enjoyed it too and that's all that really matters! YAY!
 
 
I made a decorated box for one of my mums small presents using old flower posters that I bought as a download years ago, in the end it turned out pretty nice although I did have much grander ideas! Sometimes these things just don't pan out how you hoped, if anyone knows how to correctly use crackle antique glaze please enlighten me, still it looked sort of how I wanted!!

 
 

0 comments: