Well we've been super lucky lately to be able to enjoy more than 1 day in a row of lovely warm sunny weather - a real rarity! Last night we had a massive rumbling thunder and lightening storm to top off what had been a very humid evening.
So my sister and I have been busy walking up a storm twice a week - trying to really explore the surrounding areas and seeing lots of nice things you wouldn't ordinarily notice unless you're on foot, we been trudging along river banks, through nettles bigger than trees, over bridges with more scary looking gaps then I can count, under giant railway bridges, over weirs and nosing at some pretty ritzy riverside houses.
I love how you can see the reflection of the clouds in the river in the photo below - I took this from standing on the weir - on the other side of the bridge was were I snapped the heron looking regal over in his tree, sadly my camera zoom is rubbish so he looks tiny!
I drove my sister mad by stopping every ten seconds to take photos! We almost missed this well concealed Pillbox - the whole area is dotted with them, sadly most have been vandalised and you'd better make sure you've had your shots before stepping foot inside one, you never know what nasties people have left behind inside...ewww......still if you can get past that they are a real reminder of history left behind in our fields and by the rivers
I loved the name of this little boat and the writing on this sign - the pools it refers too is a brown swirly bit at the end of the river where the water pools together - why anyone would even consider bathing in that bit I have no idea - brown water = not good!
Lovely narrow boat and more tucked away houses on the river banks....
Oh and the Wigwams? Well there is a big wedding happening this weekend in the field outside my house and look what they are having it in...
cool huh?















0 comments:
Post a Comment